The model aircraft starts in level flight, noses up to a vertical flight path until it comes to a stop. At which point the model aircraft yaws through 180 degrees, then dives and finally recovers straight and level on a flight path in the opposite direction to the entry. Entry and exit should be at the same height. The competitor should specify whether the turn shall be to the left or right. Low powered aircraft types would be expected to execute a shallow dive at full throttle in order to pick up the necessary speed before commencing the maneuver.
- Start and finish not parallel with judges’ line.
- Pull up not positioned to give best view to judges.
- Climb and descent not near vertical.
- Insufficient height gain.
- Model aircraft does not stop.
- Competitor does not specify or achieve nominated left / right turn.
- Entry and exit paths are not at same height.
- Model aircraft does not exit within half span displacement of entry track.
- Entry and exit paths not parallel with the judges’ line.
- Too far away / too close / too high / too low.