From straight and level flight, the model aircraft rolls at a constant rate through one complete rotation and resumes straight and level flight on the same track. Low powered aircraft would be expected to execute a shallow dive at full throttle before the maneuver. Competitors should nominate any special type of roll that will be performed, e.g. Slow, Barrel, Snap.
- Rate of roll is not constant.
- Style of roll not typical to prototype.
- Roll not centered on judges’ position.
- Entry and exit at different heights.
- Entry and exit at different speeds.
- Entry and exit tracks and line of roll not parallel with judges’ line.
- Does not resume straight and level flight on same track as entry.
- Style of roll not as nominated.
- Inappropriate use of throttle.
- Too far away / too close / too high / too low.