Model aircraft approaches the landing area in straight and level flight at a height not exceeding 15 meters and in full view of the judges, extends the landing gear/flaps. Model aircraft then executes a 360° turn in a direction away from the judges, and when again directly in front of the judges retracts the landing gear / flaps and climbs away in straight flight.
- Model aircraft speed too high for landing gear / flap lowering.
- Gear / flaps not extended in full view of judges.
- Speed and sequence of extension and retraction not realistic.
- Flaps demo only:
a) Instability when flaps lowered
b) No change in attitude with flaps
- Misshapen circle or not constant height.
- Circle height exceeds 15 meters.
- Circle not centered on judges’ position.
- Retraction not commenced abeam judges.
- Entry and exit paths not parallel with the judges’ line.
- Entry and exit tracks not the same.
- Un-scale-like climb out.
- Too far away or too close.