The model aircraft approaches in straight level flight to a point directly in front of the judges. It then continues for a minimum of 75 meters before it turns away to track 90º from the judges’ line and flies straight and level for a minimum of 150 meters before turning to track parallel with the judges’ line for a further minimum of 75 meters. It then turns to track directly towards the judges for a minimum of 150 meters, to a point in front of the judges, before completing a final turn to intercept the original entry track. This maneuver describes a rectangle over the ground. This option may only be nominated for non-aerobatic aircraft.
- Not commenced and finished at points equidistant from the judges.
- Model aircraft changes height.
- Rate of turn at corners not constant or corners not 90°.
- Legs are not straight.
- Legs too long or too short.
- Opposite sides of rectangle are not of equal length.
- Correction for drift not properly made.
- Final leg of rectangle not centered on judges’ position.
- Start and finish tracks not the same.
- Start and finish tracks not parallel with judges’ line.
- Too far away / too close / too high / too low.